Before I was on a vegan diet I splurged on a good cheeseburger every once in awhile, but even then the best burgers were the ones that were loaded with fresh veggies and lots of “stuff.” So it was only a matter of time before I came up with the perfect version of an awesome loaded vegan cheeseburger and it is sooo delicious. It’s one of my go-to vegan comfort foods and is fairly quick to put together, so it’s a perfect last minute meal (I also tend to have all the ingredients on hand which is an added bonus).
So the next time you’re home alone and want to stay healthy but splurge at the same time, give this a try!
Here’s what you’ll need for the vegan chipotle cheeseburger wrap:
- Vegan burger (my absolute favorite are Amy’s Texas burgers…they’re in the freezer section which is great because you don’t have to use them all right away)
- Vegan cheese (I use Daiya cheddar slices and they taste delicious)
- 1 large pita
- Chipotle Vegenaise
- ¼ avocado
- 1 slice of tomato
- 2 slices of vidalia onion
- handful of lettuce
- 4-5 pickles
One of the greatest things about this recipe is that you can alter it if you need to. If you don’t have one of the ingredients (or don’t like one of them), you can easily go without it. You can also add something else if you know you’ll love it.
Ok, making this is fairly simple and you can change up the order of things if you prefer, but this is my recommendation:
- Dice the onion slices and begin sauteing them in a pan.
- In the same pan, start heating up your burger.
- While that is cooking, lay out your pita and spread some Chipotle Vegenaise.
- Spread out your lettuce over the vegenaise.
- Next, lay out the pickles over the lettuce.
- Slice up the avocado and spread that over the pickles.
- Dice the tomato and sprinkle over the avocado.
- When the burger is looking done, put a slice of cheese on it to melt a bit.
- Slice the burger into strips and spread over the pita.
- Top with the sauteed onions.
Now you’ve got everything laid out on your pita, it’s time to wrap it up! Just do it carefully and gently and it should work out fine (fold the sides in a tiny bit and then roll!).
Time to enjoy!
And be sure to check out my Pinterest board for more vegan recipes.
Follow Nikki @ MBAsahm’s board Vegan Meals on Pinterest.