Whether by choice or last resort, being a stay at home (SAHM) is quite an endeavor. It’s a full-time job on it’s own, but it’s hard to fight that feeling that you want to bring in an income too.
Luckily, it’s totally possible to be a SAHM and bring home some moolah. In fact, if you play your cards right, you could bring in a substantial amount of money.
Without further ado, here are 50 ways to make money as a stay at home mom:
For the Fashionista
- Sell jewelry and fashion items as a Stella & Dot Stylist
- Start a fashion blog
- Host online parties and sell nail wraps as a Jamberry Nail Consultant
- Fix-up and sell couture items on eBay
- Sell Mary Kay make-up
- Create and sell handmade jewelry on Etsy
Related article: How to Start a Money-Making Blog
For the Born-to-Be, Hardcore Mom
Because being a good mom IS a profession.
- Babysit someone else’s kids
- Start a Mommy blog
- Pet sit from home
- Earn money by using coupons through Swagbucks
Being the boss is the #1 best way to get the flexibility that you want (even though you’ll probably be surprised by how much you still need to work).
- Affiliate market on Pinterest and Facebook
- Start a Fit4Mom franchise
- Invest in real estate and manage your own properties
- Invent something fabulous and bring it to market
- Buy and sell stocks as a day trader
For Artists, Creatives, and Craftswomen
This is one of the greatest categories these days because it’s trendy to purchase hand-made, local goods and services. AND we’re almost all capable of creating something.
- Sell refurbished goods on eBay
- Sell your artwork on
- Design wedding invitation collections and sell them on Zazzle
- Sell homemade bath products on Etsy
- Design and sell T-shirts on CafePress
- Knit, crochet, and quilt products and sell them on Etsy
For the World of Cooking, Recipes, and Food
Because we’ve all gotta eat, right?
- Create pages on Hubpages, Zujava, and Bubblews with your recipes
- Teach recipes and sell cookware as a Consultant for Pampered Chef
- Create and sell recipe cards on Zazzle
- Publish an eCookbook
- Start your own food blog
- Enter recipe contests
- Grow and sell vegetables at the local Farmer’s market
- Open an online bakery
Related article: How to Make Money with Your Recipes
For the Teacher in You
Because the real lessons are taught at home.
- Create and sell activity and lesson packs on Etsy
- Design and sell teaching curriculum on Teachers Pay Teachers
- Publish an e-book for kids
- Publish activity lists on Hubpages
- Teach English or other languages on iTalki
- Start a YouTube channel with short lessons and tutorials
- Create online courses for students on Udemy
For Photographers and Travelers
If you can snap it, you can sell it.
- Create postcards and posters on Zazzle with vacation photos
- Start a travel blog
- Sell your images online at iStockPhoto.com
Related article: Why You Should Make Money from Your Photography (and How to Actually Do It)
For Freelance Workers
Utilizing your skills outside the office.
Related article: How to Get Your First Freelance Writing Job
For Writers and Researchers
Spread the word.
- Publish articles on Zujava, Hubpages, and InfoBarrel
- Share your thoughts by blogging on Bubblews
- Ghost write articles for small businesses on Upwork.com
- Start your own blog on something you’re passionate about
- Publish an e-book
Related post: 6 Ways to Make Money as a Writer
Even More Ways
These ways may not utilize your skills, but they’ll help to earn that extra few bucks.
- Rent out part of your home on AirBnB.com
- Rent out your car for the day or week on RelayRides
- Complete surveys on Amazon’s Mechanical Turk
- Get paid to run errands for neighbors on TaskRabbit.com
There you have it! A pretty long list of options for every kind of SAHM. I hope you found at least one that will be a good fit for you.
If you’re looking for other ways to earn some extra money, check out my Pinterest board on Working from Home. I try to keep it updated with all the tips I can find!
Follow MBAsahm’s board Working from Home on Pinterest.