This post contains an ever-growing list of ways to make money as a stay-at-home mom, so check back often because it is constantly being updated! And of course, if you’ve got your own brilliant way of making money as a mom and it isn’t on this list, be sure to comment or email me and I will add it! Good luck to you.
Whether by choice or last resort, being a stay-at-home mom (SAHM) is quite an endeavor. It’s a full-time job on it’s own, but it’s hard to fight that feeling that you want to bring in an income too.
Luckily, it’s totally possible to be a SAHM and bring home some moolah. In fact, if you play your cards right, you could bring in a substantial amount of money.
Without further ado, here are 60 ways to make money as a stay at home mom:
If you’d like more tips on reaching financial freedom, living a fulfilled life, and raising happy kids, subscribe to MBAsahm for notification of new posts!
Some links on this page may contain affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosure policy.
For the Born-to-Be Mom
Feel like you’re “just” a mom? Well, guess what! There’s still a ton of options for you to make some extra money. Try out some of these ideas:
- Babysit someone else’s kids
- Become a partner with Uber to drive while your kids are at school
- Run someone else’s errands by partnering with Uber Eats or Task Rabbit errand runner
- Start a Mom blog
- Become an Amazon FBA Seller and re-sell products you’ve found bargain shopping
- Pet sit from home
- Use coupons and answer surveys on Swagbucks
- Become a school bus driver (you can bring your kids on the bus with you!)
Related post: 10 Jobs that Let You Take Your Kids to Work
For the Teacher in You
If you’re a former teacher – or even just a teacher at heart – there are a ton of great options to make money from home while still taking care of your kids! Give some of these ideas a try:
- Tutor students in English for VIP KIDS
- Create and sell activity and lesson packs on Etsy
- Design and sell teaching curriculum on Teachers Pay Teachers
- Publish an e-book for kids
- Publish activity lists on Hubpages
- Teach English or other languages on iTalki
- Start a YouTube channel with short lessons and tutorials
- Create online courses for students on Udemy
- Teach your own outdoor classes (and bring your kids!) for Tinkergarten
Related post: How to Make Money as an Online Educator
For the Fashionista
If fashion is your passion, then it’s totally possible to make money from home! Here are some ideas for fashion-savvy moms:
- Sell jewelry and fashion items as a Stella & Dot Stylist
- Start a fashion blog
- Host online parties and sell nail wraps as a Jamberry Nail Consultant
- Become a sales consultant for LuLaRoe
- Fix-up and sell couture items on eBay
- Become a consultant and sell safe, chemical-free beauty products for BeautyCounter
- Sell Mary Kay make-up (an oldie but goodie ;-))
- Create and sell handmade jewelry on Etsy
For Artists, Creatives, and Craftswomen
Time to turn your hobby into a money-making machine! This is one of the greatest at-home jobs these days because people love to purchase hand-made, local goods and services. AND we’re almost all capable of creating something.
- Sell refurbished goods on eBay
- Sell your artwork on Etsy
- Design wedding invitation collections and sell them on Zazzle
- Sell homemade bath products on Etsy
- Design and sell T-shirts on CafePress
- Knit, crochet, and quilt products and sell them on Etsy
Being the boss is the #1 best way to get the flexibility that you want (even though you’ll probably be surprised by how much you still need to work).
- Act as a virtual assistant on Upwork.com
- Affiliate market on Pinterest and Facebook
- Start a Fit4Mom franchise
- Invest in real estate and manage your own properties
- Invent something fabulous and bring it to market
- Buy and sell stocks as a day trade
Related article: How to Start a Money-Making Blog
For Photographers and Travelers
If you can snap it, you can sell it.
- Create postcards and posters on Zazzle with vacation photos
- Start a travel blog
- Sell your images online at iStockPhoto.com
- Become an at-home Disney travel agent
Related article: Why You Should Make Money from Your Photography (and How to Actually Do It)
For Graphic Designers
Let your imagination run wild right from your home desk!
- Design images and logos for companies on Fiverr.com
- Design images that can be sold on products on RedBubble.com
- Help small businesses set up their first website
Related article: How to Make Money on RedBubble
For Writers and Researchers
Writing is my absolute favorite way to make money from home while my kids are napping. Give it a try!
- Write articles for websites that pay per post
- Publish articles on Zujava, Hubpages, and InfoBarrel
- Share your thoughts by blogging on Bubblews
- Ghost write articles for small businesses on Upwork.com
- Start your own blog on something you’re passionate about
- Publish an e-book
Related post: 6 Ways to Make Money as a Writer
For the World of Cooking, Recipes, and Food
Because we’ve all gotta eat, right?
- Create pages on Hubpages, Zujava, and Bubblews with your recipes
- Teach recipes and sell cookware as a Consultant for Pampered Chef
- Create and sell recipe cards on Zazzle
- Publish an eCookbook
- Start your own food blog
- Enter recipe contests
- Grow and sell vegetables at the local Farmer’s market
- Open an online bakery
Related article: How to Make Money with Your Recipes
Even More Ways
These may not fall under a specific category, but they’re some of my absolute favorite ways to make extra money as a stay-at-home mom:
- Partner with Uber
- Become a Lyft driver (if you love driving, you can do both!)
- And if you don’t want people in your car, partner with UberEats
- Rent out part of your home on AirBnB.com
- Rent out your car for the day or week on Turo
- Complete surveys on Amazon’s Mechanical Turk
- Get paid to run errands for neighbors on TaskRabbit.com
Related post: The Coolest New Side Gig: Partner with Uber Eats as a Delivery Driver
There you have it! A pretty long list of options for every kind of SAHM. I hope you found at least one that will be a good fit for you.
If you’d like more tips on reaching financial freedom, living a fulfilled life, and raising happy kids, subscribe to MBAsahm for notifications of new posts!